Friday, August 11, 2006

Kitsch-en.

I am, it seems, decorating my kitchen. And although it's not TRULY kitsch, I have no doubt that I will, at some point, incorporate something pretty kitschy into my kitchen. After all, it's too good of a pun to go to waste. 

But my kitchen is very small. I have a sink, with counterspace on either side. One side is taken up by my microwave, the other side used to be take up by my dish drainer. However, since I must now cook, the dish drainer is now actually IN my sink, so that I now have a small rectangle on which to do cooking things. I have a stove, and some cabinets (plus a whole row I have issues reaching, even with a step-stool--shut up you laughing people!! =P ). And I have a refridgerator and a window sill.

For those of you who saw the kitchen in my apt. on Franklin Street, this one is admittedly bigger, by say, a foot. There is no cool back door onto the roof, however. And even though this kitchen is bigger, and the cabinets do not tilt scarily towards me, I kinda miss the old one. Something about the light. 

Anyway, since I have never been much of a cook, I have had to go buy several cooking implements, and am rapidly running out of space in my little kitchen with the cabinets I can't quite make full use of. So the other day, when I was waiting for Blizzard to pick up the phone (yes, you will get that story), I picked up a hammer and nailed a number of kitchen utensils to the wall. That has turned out to be one of my better ideas. 
 


What particularly pleases me is the hanging of the cookie cutters, which makes the entire collection of utensils magical (I think it does, anyway), and that makes cooking more fun!

But hanging up all that stuff has cleaned out a drawer, which now holds my pasta press (okay, yes, I can't cook, but I can make pasta. I have no idea what that is). The former home of the pasta press now holds a bunch of pans. And this is getting more detailed than you really need, suffice to say that my kitchen is rearranged and fabulous.

 

Look at all the food creation stuffs I have!

 

More utensils! And knives! That are pastel colours!

 

Sweet potatoes!! Clementines!! Notice my lunch bag on the top? Pretty! Also, that bottle on the top is my really expensive vanilla, and it was worth every penny. My lavender cookies rule!



Shelve above my sink. I could probably use this space for something else, but I like my teapots and dried flowers, dammit!

So, I mentioned that I was on the phone with Blizzard, and that would be because I decided, in a moment where I was clearly crazed, to temporarily renew my World of Warcraft subscription. There are many reasons for this. I actually have free time (and it's so weird!) And gaming is fun (unless the people around you game for 36 hours straight and refuse to work so that you end up paying all the bills and they promise to pay you back but never do. Oh, wait, I'm not bitter.). And I've never seen it on my Mac. AND I craved it really bad after receiving an email that recieved the word "w00t" (you know who you are, with your l337 h4x0r skillz. ha ha Do you even read my blog? I'm curious.), which occured around the same time my students had a huge discussion about WoW, and when Jenny and I started IMing each other ridiculous things about being l337. 

I won't be able to play for much longer, what with the semester starting, and my attempt to take three work intensive classes while teaching two sections of 1102. But playing again a little bit IS really fun.

And damn does WoW look pretty on my Mac. 

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lavender cookies are awesome -- hmmmm -- and it is made in a neat kitchen too:)

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I read your blog! It just takes me a long time. :-)

http://www.homestarrunner.com/tgs2.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home